Monday, November 19, 2007

A friend of mine has written a module for the Heroes of Rokugan campaign, and we're trying to arrange when my usual gaming group can play it. I'm really proud of him, and that makes at least six friends I can name off the top of my head that have published in the gaming world one way or another.

I, personally, have more than one thing that I was paid for and despite the fiasco involved in the first couple of things (see my webpage for the full story on that), I still have the writing bug. I've been writing numerous things already for my Heroes of Rokugan character and John (the author above) has mentioned trying to do a module together.

Now, before you ask: I'm almost 40, and yes, I've been a role playing gamer for more years than many gamers have been on the Earth. It has not been easy dealing with people whose political leanings I agree with for the most part attacking gaming. The problem is ignorance breeds fear, when it is not justified. It is an all together different thing when you are not ignorant and still have a fear of something.

But one thing I fear is collaborating on any more writing projects, due to my past experiences. It doesn't help that I can get too detail oriented and nitpicky for my own good. For example, it isn't enough that I create a game world for a campaign, but I have to go all the way to having the statistics for the clerics of the religions. I'm also, obvious by reading this blog, very politically minded, however my gaming group is not.

I'm still probably going to take John up on his offer. I really like the game setting and the politics involved in the campaign, so I think I have something to contribute to it.