Wednesday, November 14, 2007

You know, when you walk on wet gravel with tennis shoes, how you get those small rocks in the grooves?

The pain you receive when something that darn small moves between your kidney and your bladder is very much out of proportion to the size.

At 2 am this morning, that's what started happening with me. I've never felt that kind of pain before, and finally at 4:30 am I called my dad to take me to the emergency room.

I was back home by 7:30 am, due to modern medicine (read: morphine), after a CAT scan confirmed the little intruder making its way out. At about 8:45 am, the agony was over as it finally came out.

What's sad is I think this has happened before, and I thought it was bursitis (which I get in my neck and shoulder when it gets around 40 degrees...which is has been the past couple of days).

Yeesh!