Monday, August 02, 2004

For a number of years, Wendy's has been a pretty regular staple of my diet. The increased girth around my waist proves that sometimes. Mind you, sometimes I dislike the 'new beef' they changed to after Dave Thomas died, in that it doesn't taste like the Wendy's I love. I also eat the bacon and cheese baked potato about as often as I eat the french fries...

I also like expensive food. I'm always a sucker for a good prime rib, for example.

But I don't ever go into a Wendy's to 'look good' and then head over to someplace like Prima 140 (a fancy restaurant near me in Omaha) to eat French food after eating French fries!

That's exactly what John Kerry and John Edwards did the other day. In order to try to act 'middle class', they went into Wendy's. The story is Edwards and his wife goes there on their anniversary...the reason for which must be either they met there, she or he used to work there, or something significant like that.

But, they had 19 gourmet (read that as French cuisine) meals waiting for them at $200 a pop elsewhere.

My opinion of French cuisine: A little substance for a lot of presentation, fluff, and price. Not surprisingly, I find the same with the John Kerry campaign: little substance, but lots of fluff and a pricetag too high for American taxpayers.

No comments: