Friday, May 23, 2008

This from Lynn Abbey:

I'm still sorting this out myself, but realizing that pretty much
everyone on this list is at least peripherally aware that I was
married to Bob Asprin, I thought I should pass the word...

Bob died yesterday afternoon (May 22, 2008). It was sudden and
unexpected, probably a heart attack. A friend was supposed to take
him to the airport as he was scheduled to be Guest-of-Honor at Marcon
this weekend.

She found him on his sofa with one of Terry Prachett's books open on
his chest.

I hope he had simply dozed off and passed in his sleep.

When my thoughts are a bit more organized, I plan to post them...and
some pictures from the good times...on my blog
(http://www.lynnabbey.com/blog).

It's a strange, strange day....

Lynn

I am losing way, way too many of my inspirations this year. First, William Buckley, then Gary Gygax, and now the sudden death of Robert Asprin, author of the Thieves World, Phule's Company, and other books.

I feel old.